Wednesday, March 2, 2011

roses planted not much sewing

Well, the last few days, I have pulled more weeds, planted 2 new rose bushes (with help of course), planted gladiolas, watered all my plants, sewed with my group yesterday and went to the movies (Hall Pass), worked a night at the fair selling tickets for a quilt raffle to benefit the food banks in the area..  The movie was a little racy in parts.  It seems I have been busier than a cat covering up on a hot tin roof.  Too busy to sew and too busy to blog.

My guild meeting is tomorrow and I am going to a quilt show in Mt. Dora on Friday.  I guess I am feeling pretty good cause I seem to really be busy.  The Lake County show is a pretty big show and I am meeting some of my sewing group to go.  I sure do hope I can resist buying fabrics...I will be able to unless they have some wonderful sales.  Those I cannot resist.

I had planted sunflower seeds a couple of weeks ago and they are up about 5-6 inches.  I hope they don't get too much taller because I want to take some with me when I go up north.  They sure popped up very quickly.  I also did some impatient seeds and they are starting to come up.  Clematus, more amaryllas, some daffodils and some lylium bulbs have also been stuck in the ground or pot in hopes to take some with me.  Clematus grows very good in NC, but I don't know how they grow here.

I have great big blueberries on my blueberry bushes.  I will have to take a picture if I can remember tomorrow.    I kept Miss Emily tonight and the little buggar pulled 4-5 off.  She said she was just holding them...rightttttttt!  She is a mess.  I did not get to touch my fabric or sewing machine today and not much yesterday either.  I really need to decide what projects I might want to take to my Dad's.

There is a quilt show in Paducah that I went to several years ago.  It is one of the largest quilt shows around.  I would like to grab a couple of ladies and hit the road to go to it again at the end of April.  My Aunt Comilla has offered a place to stay if I want to bring a group up.  She went to the show with me and we stayed with her the last time I went to the show.  She was shocked at the beauty of the quilts.  She had no idea that quilts were not like they used to be.  I would really like to go again and this time take my time and spend two days.  Comilla and I ran through the show as fast as we could.  It was still great but I would have liked to stop and "smell the roses" on such beautiful quilts.  We got there at 9 and did not leave until close to 9 that night.  We were both very tired.  It really was too much in one day...but worth it.  Gotta get to bed so I won't be so tired tomorrow...til we meet again......

No comments:

Post a Comment