Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cleaning today!

Bill and I cleaned today.  BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!  I could not stand it any longer.  I even did the mopping.  I also murphy oiled both sets of stairs.  Gees, I really don't like to clean...I would rather be playing.  I really thought those dust bunnies were going to over take the place so it could not be helped.  Anyway, we are clean for a day or two.

It has been pretty exciting up here.  We have had a bear 2 days in a row in the yard.  He probably has been out there every day, but we just have not looked out in time to see him.  I think he was a teenager because he would be about my height  if he stood on his back legs.  I was down the hill early in the day picking up a feeder that had fell off the porch.  If the bear had come out while I was down there, it would have been been bad because I probably would have peed my pants.  I know I could not have climbed back up the hill faster than the bear.  I just hope he is big enough to be wondering around without the "mama bear".   Now that might have caused a heart attack.

I brought about 8 UFO's (unfinished projects) with me and I was not supposed to start anything new until I finished all of those.  I backslid a little on that.  One of my friends here wanted to know if I had made the Strata Quilt?  She wanted to do it and invited me to do it with her.  I dug in the closet and found fabric that would work and so we started it together.  It actually will be a table topper or wall hanging.  It looks very complicated but Maxine, owner of the quilt store here, A Stitch in Time,  has done a demo on the Strata Quilt on u-tube and she made it look simple.  Here is the link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNE3As-yctA

So far, it has not really been hard.  Hopefully, I will get it together in the next week or so.  I have the borders on 2 more quilts.  Attached is a picture of them.   The first one is very bright with purples, lime greens, yellows, aqua's and brown.  They both look very washed out in the pictures.  You actually almost need sunglasses for the one with lime green borders.  The second one is a pail aqua with cream and brown.  I wish the colors showed up better.  I may have Bill hold them at the top of the stairs and try to get a better picture.



I will soon be completely finished with the binding on my Christmas Holly Jolly quilt which will make me so happy.  I have had the top pieced for almost 3 years.  My friend Joyce quilted it for me and Lisa cut and sewed the binding on since my shoulder would not let me wrestle with it.  I am working on the hand stitching of the binding.  Tomorrow I am stitching with friends and maybe I will finish it so I can show a picture soon.  Until we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment