Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blah!Blah!Blah!

Have you missed my Blah!blah!blah!  I have been very quiet for the last few months.  Very unusual for me for sure.  I have not been accomplishing a whole lot because of this (old age) and that (clumsiness).  I could go into more details but let's not bore you to tears starting off.  Shoulder is feeling pretty good most of the time.

I actually was able to sew several times at my Dad and Margaret's.  I brought a number of what we quilter's refer to as UFO's.  No, not unidentified flying objects although they have been know to take flight in moments of frustration.  UFO's are Un-finished Objects.  Yes, I have lots of them and once they have been thrown in the air a couple of times, I just bury them and go to another project.  The burial cemetery was over flowing!

The UFO's seem to be surrounding me and screaming "me, me, me MEMEME".  I have been getting really scared so I decided it must be time to answer the call of the wild before they start getting ugly and scary...in other words, I won't remember where I left off and I will be completely lost.

Remember 15 minutes of play...well, it is ready to be quilted.  I really like it and am already working on two more scrappy quilts.  They have much more structure but still really scrappy.  The nice thing about scrappy, is you don't have to choose.  When I open the cabinets to choose fabrics for a new project, they either all want to be in the project or they are so wonderful that I just cannot put the blade to those pieces and whack them up.  The pain of the blade is just too much on some of those beauties.  On a scrappy, you don't have to choose...you can just grab your hand down in the dark depths of the scraps box and sew away.  And the best thing about the whole process is when you get through the scraps have multiplied and you can't see a single piece of fabric missing out of the tub.  I really do love the non-structured feel of working on this type of project. No rules, no quilt police either.  Now there are a few looks of "oh my gosh, she is loosing it".  The colors I love and I even love that some of them look like I tossed my cookies...But when they are all put together, they place nicely.  I love it when things play nicely together.  This might end up being one of my favorite quilts.

I will try to be a better blogger...maybe.  Until we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment