Sunday, October 23, 2011

Social Butterflies

Well, today has been a fun day.  We had Ben, George and Evie for lunch today.  I made soup so it was nothing really that special.  It was quite good though and I use a Bear Creek Chicken noodle soup package as the base and add to it.  After lunch, Evie and I started our polka dot quilt.  We have been collecting polka dot fabrics for about 4-5 years and we are finally starting the paper pieced blocks.  I will post some pictures when I get enough done to post.  It is going to be eye popping colorful so stand by.  After lunch, our friends Ruth and Earl Adamson came over for a short visit.  It really was nice seeing my very good friend since it has been awhile since I have seen her.  It is a shame we have to come to NC to have a face to face visit.  We must do better at seeing each other.

Later this evening, we went to dinner at friends from Groveland.  There were several couples and it was a very enjoyable evening.  One of the ladies there, Lynn Newman,  used to work at the phone company also.  It was great seeing her and meeting her husband.  I actually let the motor mouth take over and we yakked  laughed and giggled.  I ran my pie hole way too much and the pie was so good. :)  So Bill and I are feeling like social butterflies today.

I finished the Christmas quilt binding and as soon as I can get a picture, I will post.  I love it.  Tomorrow, will be a very good day also.  My good friend Holly Kilgore is coming to stay for a few days.  We don't see each other very often either so I am so looking forward to her visit.

I don't know if I will get a chance to blog much with company...but...until we meet again.......

No comments:

Post a Comment