Friday, November 4, 2011

flowers and new project

Our time seems to be winding down here and between the bears, flowers, and just the beauty of the fall leaves, it really has been eye candy.  I bought a pot of mums to enjoy while we were here.  It is huge and I have really enjoyed having it.  I think I will just sit it in the yard to see if it will come back next year.  I thought I might share it with you.  It is the biggest pot of mums (or at least I think they are mums) I have ever seen and the colors are so bright and pretty...looked good with all the red and gold leaves.

I absolutely was not going to start a new project, but I saw this at "A Stitch in Time" quilt store and just could not resist.  I gathered fabrics that I thought would work and put this together with one of my friends  up here.  She was a big help in cutting the strips for me and getting me started.  I still have to quilt and bind it before it is completely done.  I think it is a wonderful table topper and it would be beautiful to build a quilt around it for a bed or even for the dining table.  We shall see.



I took the picture at night so it is not real clear to see but you can get the gist of it.  I wanted to do a practice topper before I sewed with my friend Evie and Sharon yesterday.  We had all bought Christmas kits offered at "A Stitch in Time".  I got the top of it partially sewn with them.  We had those little featherweight machines just a buzzing.  I hope to finish the Christmas one before the holidays too.  It was not a hard pattern although it sure looks difficult.  The pattern is called Strata Star but I would have to get up to get the name of the lady who designed it.  She gave very good instructions and that made it rather simple to do.  I am sure I will be doing more of these.  Gotta finish both of these before I start another one.

My intention is to plant bulbs for spring if it is warm enough in the next day or so.  I will have to dig left handed but I want to get them in the dirt for spring.  Bill is going to a gun show tomorrow so that leaves me plenty of time to sew and maybe get a few more UFO's completed...unless I get distracted with something else. :)   That is all for now until we meet again......

No comments:

Post a Comment