Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On the road again....

It has been really pretty here and I am sad to leave but so glad to see the shining smiles of my kids and grandkids and friends.  Somehow time seems to really fly...every day gets shorter and goes faster.  This trip has been one of the most social I think we have had.  We have seen a lot of some friends and sadly not as much as we would have liked with other friends.  Since we have been gone, I finished 3 quilt tops and I complete a baby quilt and completed a  Christmas quilt...Yet, it seems that I have not been very productive at all.  I also made 2 Strata Star table toppers...still have to quilt them and worked furiously on the polka dot quilt.  My friend Evie and I have been collecting polka dots for about 3-4 years and even though we have enough dotted fabrics to make 6-7 quilts, we seem to still gravitate towards those little dots.

Today, Maxine, from A Stitch in Time Quilt Store demoed the cutest little baby shoes.  They were so precious and all I need is a new baby to make a set.  Maxine always comes up with the cutest ideas and patterns for her Tuesday techniques.  She is a very talented lady.  I will miss my Tuesday techniques and lunch with the girls afterwards.  I had lunch with my friend Evie today and we invited my friend Elva to have dinner with us.  My last visits with both for awhile.

I sure do hope I will be posting a new little member of our family soon....no not one to wear the little shoes...this one is 4 legged.  We shall see.  I did not get my bulbs planted but I guess I will take them home and see if they will grow south.  It will be good to see my friends back home too.  I have a lot of work ahead of me in getting my cabinets in the longarm room and all organized prior to the beginning of the holidays.  That should keep me busy for a week or so and the yard full of weeds could probably keep me busy until next year.

My friend sent me a picture of one of my rose bushes.  They all start to be so happy when the weather starts to cool.  Blooms will be plentiful and large from now until really cold weather if it gets that cold.  I love my roses.  This is one that I bought for $3.00 at Aldi's and it really has been a great addition considering it is really a cheap rose.  The color changes on these roses every day..from dark to light and back to dark as they fade.  How do you like that ground cover....yep that is those WEEDSSSSSSSSSSSS I was mentioning.  Oh well, I am sure between now and spring I will get them pulled out or NOT!!  Hopefully, it won't be long until we meet again.........

.

No comments:

Post a Comment