Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lazy day for me...

Today was a very peaceful lazy day.  I did not hit a lick at a snake all day long.  We even ate out tonight.  I helped Kallie with her quilt.  She has all the blocks sewed together and most of the rows sewed together.  She will have to stitch about 5 more rows and that part will be completed.  The next step is to sew the borders, quilt it and bind it.  It will probably take from now until Christmas to get it completed since she is not with Brad and Jennifer all the time.  This is a partial picture of what she got completed.  For the first time, she did pretty good.



I did the pinning, pressing and part of the ripping for her so that she could get most of it completed while they were here.  I will start my sewing projects after tomorrow.  I did not feel comfortable sewing with her since she had never sewed before...to much risk of her sewing a finger.  So I did not accomplish much this week other than enjoying Jennifer and her family.

Anyway, I cannot wait to get started on my sewing projects.  I also need to do some work in the yard here since most of my plants were weed wacked with the weeds.  I won't do much because my wrists won't take it.  I just plan on planting some seeds in some of the pots I have here so maybe I can enjoy watching them grown.

I brought Tababua tree seeds, plumera seeds from one of my plants, some purple spikey plant seeds that I cannot remember the name of right now, black eyed susans, cone plant seeds and sunflower seeds.  I had planted a lot of sunflower seed up by the road before we left last March...but a freeze came about a week later and froze them.  I might plant them again if I get it done this weekend.

It is supposed to be really hot here over the next few days so seeds should not have an issue sprouting.  Although it is supposed to be really hot, it is going to be in the 50's at night.  That is all for now....until we meet again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment