Monday, August 4, 2014

Sometimes, we just need to be lazy!  Maybe need is not the right word...want might be a better choice of words.   It has rained for two days and the temperature is cool.  I have not broke into the sweat hog mode for several weeks.  The rain has made me so lazy.  I have read emails, looked at all their beautiful plumeria that my new online Plumie friends have posted and thought I need one of those!  If I got one of each that I think are eye candy, I would need a couple of acres and a green house to house them in the cooler weather.  I napped...faint days cause your eyes to get heavy and the napping fairy sprinkles her dust and poof I am dosing.  I finally got off the couch, made dinner and looked at some sewing projects.  I picked a scrappy quilt that one of my friends started.  She passed away and her husband gave me the scraps and 4 rows she had put together.  She had ripped a lot of it apart.  Some of the pieces were not cut the same.  I just decided I would try and figure out what she had in mind.  No one can figure out what a woman has in her mind, even another woman...silly me.  Anyway, I have sewed all the blocks together, some a little off but the colors are bright and they make me happy on this gloomy day.  I am putting the rows together and enjoying the memory of my friend.  It will not go together perfectly because I am using the strips she cut and I don't want to destroy the work she did on the quilt. It will be less than perfect but a happy little quilt and a fun remembrance of a funny friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment