Monday, August 4, 2014

Sweat hog goes public

This past week has been a busy week.  Hosted a sewing group in NC before I left.  We all learned to make the little clam shell bags.  Our instructor was a new friend, Glenna Beaver. And she did a great job giving us step by step instructions.  I used Halloween fabric and I like the finished product...Emily, GD, has already weasel end away from me...which is fine because she loves treasures.



We drove home from NC on Friday, so I could attend a garden tour at Ryan Calohan's home.  He and his wife Katrina were wonderful hosts to the get together.  We got to see all of Ryan's beautiful Plumerias, addeniums, cacti, and other lovely plants.  I looked like a sweat hog having just come from much cooler weather.   My hair was plastered to my head and actually dripping in the back.  No, I really don't look good when I am melted down in my shoes.  Anyway, I enjoyed seeing  old friends and meeting new friends.  After the tour, we all had breakfast/brunch at a local diner in Melbourne.  We sat across from Bryan and Bill from B&B Exotics and Plumeria at brunch and we finagled an invite to see their nursery and gardens which was only about 6 miles away.  They have a very lush garden with several hundred beautiful plumerias, addeniums, cactus and just gorgeous plants.  I felt like Alice in Wonderland in their back yard.  They also was very hospitable to us.  All in all, it was a great day even though I presented my self as a very sweaty old lady.  Today, I planted my seedlings from  the last group that have sprouted.  I also had funerals for about 10 plumeria cuttings that had rotted in the rooting bags...so sad to lose Plumie stalks...but oh well,  I avenge about 15 new plants that did root from the stalks I planted and bag rooted before I left.  I am happy those look like they will make it.  I also have an addenium seed pod, first forth me and two new Plumie seed pods.  Whoohoo.  Yes, head was sopping wet today to, but I am in for the day so and a shower just fixed the sweat hog queen!  Until we meet again.....
 




No comments:

Post a Comment