Sunday, April 10, 2011

Busy weekend

We got home Friday night and the kids and grandkids all came over and we ordered Pizza.  The grandkids begged to stay the night, but I was just too tired.  I really felt bad with Cooper (4) because he just cried and hugged me and told me he just wanted to stay with me and make "tookies".  He told me you just mix Orange Juice and milk and stir it and put it on a pan and stick  it in the oven and it makes tookies...don't think I want any of those "tookies".  Saturday was the Spring fest in Winter Garden.  I went with my DIL and her mother.  There were so many beautiful plants and it was the bigger than usual.  I bought some air plants and 2 other plants..can't remember the names.  It was so hot!  I think it was close to 90 degrees when we left.  Talk about being dehydrated...yuk.  I don't think I cooled off until today.  We realized last night that the AC was not working.  No wonder I was having hot flashes.  We called the repairman this morning and he came this afternoon, fixed it and finally I am cooool.  

Austin (10 and Emily (5) called begging to stay the night yesterday afternoon.  I said yes and Bill brought them home.  I never know what they are going to say.  Austin was showing me how he thought he might be growing a mustache and might have to shave soon.  A couple of months ago, he was proud to show me the one hair that had popped out under his arm.  They both are funny kids.  He also told me he hoped I did not turn into a COP,  crazy old person.  I hated to bust his bubble and tell him I was already there.  He had a number of acronyms that he shared with me. He did not want Emily to play is game and I had to tell him he was acting like a BOB, big ole baby!  It is fun to give them back some of their medicine.

Stacy came this afternoon so we could get our fabrics ready to sew.  She had cut most of the fabric and we (she) finished the cutting this afternoon on all the prints.  It will be so nice to be able to sew some "real" quilt squares.  I can cut a few strips but they are not always accurate on the ends because I cannot hold the ruler stable.  I have cut a few things like the table runners I made but it sure made my shoulder sore.  I have had several friends that have offered to cut and so has Lisa.  I think I will take the white fabric and let Lisa cut it for me.  I would not have let Stacy cut either except we bought the fabrics together and since she was cutting hers, she just cut mine too.  We just finished the last of the cuts on the prints.  I so appreciate her help plus it was so good to be able to visit and giggle a little with her.  I will lay it out and post a picture soon.  It will be a very happy quilt.  The colors are lime green, purple, aqua, orange, white.

It has several polka dot prints so I was able to add a few more strips to my polka dot group from the scraps.  My goal on that quilt is to just use no more than two pieces that are alike in the quilt.  I have already cut about 300 pieces.  I had cut the strips that I had and just used scissors to cut two 2X4 pieces of each of the fabrics.  It takes about 900 pieces to do the quilt and I think I have about 300 cut so far.  You can google New York quilt quilts and it will bring similar quilts up...just think all polka dots.

Bedtime for me since I have blood work tomorrow morning...until we meet again.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment