Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cleanup time

I went through everything that I have drug out to sew on since I have been here.  The loft looked like an explosion had hit...which is pretty much how it looks every time I sew.  Just have explosive fingers I guess.  I got everything back in the tubs and made a stack of what I wanted to bring back with me.  I did not touch the main project I had intended to work on while I was here.  That would be the polka dot quilt.  Oh well, next time.  I got everything picked up, put away and the room vacuumed and clean sheets put on the bed for when I come back up for the quilt show with my friend Cathy.  I did a couple of loads of laundry...still got to fold one.  That about does it for today.  I was in slow motion from a sinus headache.  The pollen count is so high.  I did stroll out in the yard to look and see if any thing new had popped it's head out.

My little plants are doing fine.  I just don't know what they are yet.  I think they are cucumbers since they don't look like tomatoes and don't smell like basil.  Could be bell peppers I guess.   They should really start busting out when they get back to warm weather.

I bought a very unique mirror last weekend and I love how it looks over the mantle.  The pictures don't do it justice and I just love the little bit of sparkle from the buttons and beads.  Bill has not said anything else about it since we hung it so I guess he is getting used to it.


I like the funky look with my other little treasures.  For full appreciation, I think it has to be seen in person.  Here is the plant stand I purchased also.  I love it too.  I think I will paint it black when I get home.  The plant is a hoya plant.  The plant has gorgeous blooms that are called umbels. This is a bonus to the already beautiful plant.  The blooms are very waxy and look artificial.  You can see the bloom by clicking on this link:  http://www.hoyaplants.com/  
Yes, that is Butchie waiting to get into the house.  He has really been good and he loves it outside.


Here is a picture of the 10 minute block I made.  I found it a little more difficult sewing it on a smaller scale.  I used 5 inch blocks and the original pattern is for 10 inch blocks.  It is not perfect but you can get the jist of it


.  Now, for the last project, the 10 minute table runner.  Everything is 10 minutes it seems.  I just ran to Wallyworld and grabbed a couple of fabrics to try the pattern out.  It is more like a table linen than a quilted table runner.  Can't decide if I want to put batting in the next one or not.  Still have to do the top stitching,  I think it is a great pattern to showcase appliqué and embroidery.  I can see how it would be really nice for holiday gifts.


That seems to be all my news...until we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment