Friday, April 1, 2011

Long time no blog

It seems forever since I have blogged.   The visit with my Dad went well and I did get curtain tie backs and pillow cases done for my Stepmother.  The room looks really nice with the updated colors and Margaret is quite pleased with the quilt, pillow, cases and the curtains my sister Sheila made.  Here is a view of the room.


I slept in the room and opened the blinds a little for some light.  I guess it would look better if I had at least fixed the blind before I shot the picture.  duh!  Here is a better view of the quilt and cases.


I planted tomato, bell pepper, basil and cucumber seeds when I got here.  I got the trays mixed up so I don't know what is what but some have come up and are large enough to replant.  The others are just peaking their head out and I don't think some are going to come up.  Pictures later when they get a little bigger.  I also noticed down on the slope of our property there was a yellow flower.  I thought it might be a daffodil since I had planted them the first year we were here.  I went down and dug them up and replanted them at the top of the hill. I believe I might have a mutant  daffodil.  The green leaves look the same as the daffodils.  I noticed I had another one today.  I am going to leave it where it is in the hopes that it will spread.  I had planted many different types of wildflowers in the time we have been here.  I have very small almost iris looking blooms that are spread all over the yard.  Haven't taken a picture yet but they sure are pretty.  I also have no idea what they are.  Most are purple but some are white.  They really are pretty and sweet.  I have planted lots of different bulbs and some cone flowers.  They are starting to come up.  I hope the red hot pokers make it.  Some of the things I planted last summer are peaking their heads out.  Don't really know which is which but just happy they are coming up.  Here is a picture of the mutant daffodil...unless it has another name.


I haven't sewed much since I have been here and I am almost ashamed of not having anything to show for my time here.  I have been very non productive.  Since we have returned from my Dad's, I seem to be a little down.  He is 85 and I see a decline in him every time we go to see him.  His wife is such an angel because it is not easy being primary caregiver to someone with Altzheimer's.  I am forever grateful for her care giving.  Don't know what we would do without her.  I feel very blessed to have her in his life and mine.

My tulips are starting to bloom and the Dogwood tree is all budded up.  I hope it blooms next week before we leave.  Otherwise, we will most likely miss it.  It is cooler here but expected to warm up tomorrow.  I also have some really pretty little purple flowers that I planted last year and they look like small upside down stems of a bright purple grape.  Wish I could remember what they were.  I have noticed a small grouping going down the hill that I guess came from a seed birds dropped or maybe they washed down there.  Anyway, they really are pretty and sweet and I will be fine if they spread all over the yard..


I made a 10 minute table runner tonight that was a demo at the quilt store last week.  I will send pictures when I get the top stitching finished.  It is quite simple but then it only takes 10 minutes to make it so it could not be too complicated.  That is about all for now.  Until we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment