Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stitch in time demo

Yesterday, I went to see Sharon's new home.  It is absolutely beautiful and so much designed with nature in mind.  I was red faced when I got up the drive way which was interesting.  I guess I was scared since the last time I was up there, our car rolled over a couple of times and hit a tree.  Yesterday was a whole lot more fun than that day.  She still has lots of boxes to unpack and I am sure she would feel better if she could get her sewing room all set up.  I begged her to let me help her but she would not hear of it.  Bill and Jim went to the gun range and when they returned, we grilled hamburgers and had lunch on the deck.  The wind was blowing pretty hard but it was nice out side.  I really enjoyed the visit with her.  I miss her since she moved.  Last night, that was a totally different story.  It stormed here with 60+ miles an hour winds.  Lightening, thunder and wind had Butchie all excited.  I had to move his crate in our bedroom.

This morning I went to the demo at the local quilt store, A Stitch in Time.  Today's demo was Bullion embroidery roses.  It is very pretty and very dainty.  I think I might do some roses on a couple of cotton shirts around the collars.  You can watch a tutorial on bullion embroidery at www.needlenthread.com.  


They also have tutorials on lots of different embroidery stitches.  It looks like a great reference sight.  I will have to get some thread and try the stitch so I don't forget it.  I also checked out a couple of thrift stores and bought an old quilt top that someone had haphazardly put together.  I am going to use it as a backing to practice with the long arm.  I ripped part of it out today to straighten it up some.  I also bought a set of red curtains and a bed skirt that was blue yellow and green and I ripped those up to use in my quilts.  The fabrics on both were really nice fabrics.  


We will probably come home on Friday.  I will have to really hustle tomorrow to start cleaning up.  The loft is a mess with sewing stuff everywhere and it is shameful how big a mess I can make in a very short time.  Plus I have done very little sewing...just fondling of the fabrics.  I love fabric.  Yep, that does sound a bit sick doesn't it.  But it is true, I love searching the thrift stores for remnants and found several today.  Don't know what I will do with them but it seems cotton will soon be so high I might not can afford to buy fabrics in the stores.  Buying pieces at the thrift store for .25 to 2.00 doesn't seem like such a bad deal. 


The other quilt store, Deb's Cat's and Quilts has expanded and finally moved into the new part.  I slipped past there and checked it out also.  The new addition has really opened it up and made it such a nice quilt shop.  


My little plants are just growing right along.  I noticed on some of them that I have new leaves coming out.  One whole group never came up and sooner or later, I will figure out whether each plant is a tomato, cuke, basil or bell pepper.  I sure will mark the trays in the future.  The last tray of seeds are still in little seedling pot, I am going to wait until I get home to repot.  Well, no pictures today...until we meet again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment