Thursday, July 19, 2012

Laundry...bathroom cleaning...putzing

The kids went rafting today which made the house really quiet...except for the washer and dryer running.  I showered, washed four loads of clothes, scrubbed the sink, toilet, shower and shower curtain.  Then I did play with in my scraps a little this afternoon.  I am trying to figure out how to sew triangles into the border of an X quilt that I am working on and hope to finish.  I am adding a floating triangle in the border and had to really tax my mind to figure out how to get everything to fit.  I have not tried it yet but will soon.  I am also trying to get more of my scraps cut into strips and sewed into blocks.   My smallest block is finished at 1/2 inch.  This makes a 4 patch 1 inch by 1 inch.  Don't know what I will do with them but I like them.  It is fun sewing.  Who knows, I might just start doing miniature quilts.

I should be working on my polka quilt but was just not in the mood.  My great nephew had surgery today to remove head gear which moved his mid face out.  It has been a long haul for him.  Now, he can get back to a normal life of playing and riding his bicycle after they fly home from Dallas tomorrow.  He has a lot of swelling but everything went well.

We are going to the last Quilt Shop on the NC Shop Hop tomorrow.  It will be a trip to Waynesville and then on to Asheville to pick up a prize Lisa won on Monday.  Hopefully it will be worth the miles to pick it up.  I am holding out for one of the sewing machines they are giving away or one of the baskets of fabrics and patterns that each of the 14 shops were giving away.  Oh well, if I win it will certainly be a first.  Waynesville quilt shop is the last shop and we are making it a family day.  Bill and Jason are just sooooo excited to go.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT. hehehe!

It was nice this afternoon and we sat on the deck and watched the birds...quiet and peaceful.  Our time will be ending soon so it was nice to have a couple of evenings that it has been cool enough to enjoy the deck.  Not much to share today.  Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment