Saturday, July 21, 2012

Shop Hop finished...on to sewing

We finished the last shop on Friday in Waynesville and then headed to Asheville to pick up Lisa's winnings.  It was actually a nice selection of sewing and quilting stuff.  She had 12 fat quarters, 3 magazines, 3 patterns, 5 spools of thread, and a few other small notions that I cannot remember.  She was happy and considering it was probably well over $100 in quilting stuff, it was worth the drive back up.  We did a family day and we all went.  Bill nor Austin was especially happy with the family outing but Jason seemed to manage it fine.  He drove and got a haircut while we were in one of the shops.

Emily got to pick out fat quarters every time she went to one of the stores with us so she was happy.  We came home and she wanted to make a quilt.  I cut some of her fabrics into squares and then we decided she could go through more of my fabrics and pick enough to make a quilt.  She is a little buggar.  I was afraid to pull out any of my favorite fabrics because she was eyeing some I was not ready to cut.  We finally gathered enough squares and Lisa cut them for her and we helped her arrange them into a quilt.  This afternoon, I gave her a little lesson on the featherweight and she started sewing.  She did not want to go to dinner so I stayed home with her and we continued to sew.  She caught on pretty quick and she got all her blocks sewn into rows.  I pinned and pressed for her.  She did look so cute sitting at the sewing machine.


 Lisa and I worked on our new candy cane table topper in between pinning and pressing for Emily.  We got the blocks sewed together and the two rows sewed.  Just have to put the stripping between the rows and the borders on and the top of it will be finished.  We probably won't quilt it until we get home.  It is cute.  You can make it double sided and put a Christmas tree setting on the back side.  Don't know if we will get to the Christmas tree part.  I think we both are going to just put a backing on it and make the Christmas tree topper later.  I will post a picture when we get the top completed.

Tomorrow will be a quieter day and I suspect I will be helping Miss Emily finish her quilt top.  Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment