Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quiet on the home front

Monday was a busy day or so it seemed.  My friend Evie and I sewed on our polka dot quilt, went to a guilt meeting and BBQ lunch.  I cut more pieces to the polka dot quilt and I am working on putting all those circles together.  I will post a picture when I get the first completed block done.  This could be a life time project.  However, I love it so far.  It too is very scrappy which I think is becoming my favorite type quilts.

Today, I took my completed quilt in for show and tell at a Stitch in Time.  I wondered if people would think I was nuts to sew all those scraps, but they really liked it.  I had lunch with my friend Evie and Sharon and then picked Bill up for a trip to Big Lots...whoopeeeeee.  I just love taking him to the store.  We probably bought $20 worth of snacks.. some healthier than his chip snack.  We also bought Bella her own bowl stand for up here.  She ate her food tonight so I guess she liked it.  Bill has been trying to finish painting the house that we started in March.  My wrist is too sore to help him but it is too hot for this ole "QUEEN" anyway.  It seems like Florida here because it rains a little, the sun comes out, it rains again, sun comes out, road steams up, etc.

Had me some good ole fried chicken tonight.  I was going to make some white chili and the smell of all that chicken just grabbed hold of me and was screaming buy me, eat me, gain some weight, increase your cholesterol.  yes it was a loud mouthed chicken.  I think it has probably been a year since I have succumbed to that finger lickin' temptation.  I should be good and plump if I do that very often.

My friend Jean went to the house today and took some pictures of my blooming plants.  She sent this to me. This is supposed to be nite blooming cerus but It does not seem to open any further than what you see.  I had about 15 blooms a few months ago and went out every night to see them open...skipped one nite and it was all over.  I still think it is a cerus but maybe a different species.  Anyway, I like it and the pot has gone crazy.

Hopefully, I can post a completed square of the polka dot quilt in the next couple of days.  Until we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment