Saturday, August 10, 2013

Crazy Plant Day but so much fun

Well, today was an interesting day. One, I am barely itching for most of the day which was wonderful cause two weeks of scratching ain't pretty. All those steroids might be worth it after all. So now, I think I might be safe to drop the Itchy part of Itchy, Witchy, Bitchy. I am still running my pie hole 90 miles a minute and Bill says I am still Bitchy and Witchy. I did behave as best I could today just not all day. Today was interesting, educational and fun. I went with my friend Jean to the Florida Gardening Group's plant swap in Oxford, Fl. There were very nice and generous people from all over Florida that came together to share friendships, plants and food. Yep, they were all good cooks too. Jean and I came home with a passel of new cuttings, plants, and seeds that we have to get in pots and in the ground. I tasted Loquat tea which was very good and there were other teas too, but after I tasted the first, I just never got around to tasting the rest. I bought me a new hoe which was hand made by one of the people at the swap. I plan on using it to rip out all those weeds in the flower beds that sure do get on my nerves. The great thing is you can use it without having to bend over to get those pesky weeds. I have some unusual new plants like a sky vine, a burgandy hibiscous, a new type of cereus, a corn plant and a slew more that seems to escape me now. I was one hot mama by the time Jean and I got them unloaded, watered down and a list made so we could look them all up on line. It was so much fun and the people were very generous. I feel like I have several new friends to chat plants with and of course I do need all the help I can get cause I am a champion killer of plants. They probably would not have shared with me if they knew how many I have murdered. Anyway, I really did enjoy the whole thing except for that really hot part of loading and unloading. Did not do too much Flylady today but today was supposed to be Family Fun Day. Made my lima beans and coleslaw to take and cleaned my kitchen before I left. I did clean out my purse as Flylady recommended. She is so smart and has such a nice way of telling you to get rid of your Krap and make your life simpler. It is nice to look in my kitchen and see 9 days of nothing dirty in my sink. Both bathrooms are wiped down and I have an empty drawer in my bedroom. Under my sink is organized and the laundry is done. It is almost like a miracle little fairy who is decluttering 15 minutes at a whack. Pictures soon of the new quilt I am binding. I hope it won't be too much longer until I can get back to my sweet self and get rid of Witchy and Bitchy. Two more days of steroids. I sure do hope Bill survives it and we don't do bodily harm to each other before my little angel self returns. Got to be nice to myself and head to bed now. Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment