Saturday, August 17, 2013

Good and bad things

I am finally wearing down from the itchy, withy, bitchy stages of all the steroids. It is a good thing before I alienated everyone I love. I am still noise sensitive and seemed to have moved into great sadness. Ever have those days where you just want to bawl about everything? I am there now. Wish I could get back to normal if there is such a thing. Ok, that is my whine for the day. I have been getting up at about 5:30 and waiting til daylight to work in my plants. I am still sopping wet on my head pretty quickly but at least I am doing something. I replanted two of my largest plumeria. I have several that are fairly new looking pitiful from all the rains. I sure do hope I don't loose them. I have a seed pod on the dark pink. It takes 9 months for the pod to mature. This will be my 3rd seed pod. I was able to capture the seeds from the first one. I have been putting the binding on what I refer to as The Big Ass Quilt. It is 120X125.it is so heavy to pull and tug on it and hot to hand stitch the binding. I am about 1/3 of the way around it. I cannot wait to put that baby on my bed. It is the Big Star Quilt from Missouri Star Quilt Co. Soon, it will be on my bed. This is the 17th day in a row that my kitchen sinks are shiny clean with nothing dirty or clean in my sinks. Thank you Flylady. In 43 years of marriage, this is the longest time frame that my sink is shiny clean all day. Oh what a joy walking into my kitchen and seeing bright shiny clean sinks. I am also doing a swipe and wipe everyday in my bathrooms. They look clean also. Today, I went to a monthly all day sew. It is a nice group of ladies and I accomplished quite a bit in the 7 hours that we were there. I have been working on the polka dot quilt. The pattern is a NY beauty that has lots of little pieces. Gees I just looked at the time...way past my bedtime. Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment