Thursday, August 8, 2013

Itchy, bitchy and steroid high

Well, this is an amazing little rash I have brewing here. It is better one day, and and the next itchy hives allover again. Bill looks at me with a blank face which looks gripey to me and the monster rears its ugly head, grabs his tongue and wraps it around his head 37 times and ties it off and walks out of the room daring him to say one word. I am sure this steroid hyped side of me has not been great fun for him either. Hopefully, it will wear off soon before he chokes on the tongue wrapped around his head. We left 8:15 today to get him memory tested. When I filled out the questionare, it seemed I could answer all the questions for me with a yes..do you drop things,loose things,get distracted, etc. when we went in for the conference, I told the Dr. that I could answer yes for me to so many of the questions, that I thought we might be testing the wrong person. He said he had an opening and he could test us both. I said sure, go for it since it takes 3-4 hours and it is only money. I was there any way. I was afraid to ask how much. I guess if the kids and Grandkids get no Christmas, I can explain it all went to my head. I followed that appointment with another trip to the dermatologist. Biopsy came back with a contact dermatitis..it does not show what you came in contact with that causes the rash and itching. He said he thought I had two issues, the second being hives. He did send me over for a Lyme disease test. He doesn't think it is Lyme, but wants to rule it out. Come back next week to see if I am still itching. He better come up with something soon or I might have to grab his tongue and that would not be pretty. Stopped in Wallyworld so I could deal with more stupid people before I came home. This has been a very tiring irritating day. The positive is the tester lady told me there was nothing wrong with my memory...nice to know those steroids are good for something. Got my groceries and tomorrow I am going to cook up some dishes to take to a plant swap on Saturday. Now to the good stuff...FLYLADY. My sink is sill shiny clean...whoopee. I did not get anything done today which is Ok, I was gone til 4:30 and my butt was dragging. My sink is cleaned and my bathrooms are wiped down and I am going to take 5 minutes to put the rest of the groceries away so my counter tops are clean...I love flylady and her thoughts about life. One day my house might be clutter free and organized...whoopee...until we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment