Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Letting your light shine

The last two days have been a little calmer and less intense around here for both of us. I feel a little nicer but not much. I will be so glad when I get back to my sweet precious self. Yesterday, Jean and I moved my big plant rack out back next to the fence so it could get more rain. I think my orchids will thrive better and even surprise me with a bloom or two. On Tuesday, after plant work, pool time with Jen and cooper, and a shower, my friend, Evie came by and we worked several hours trying to digitize a pattern for her. I am almost ashamed for purchasing this very expensive program and not really learning how to use it more efficiently. Once I get going, it is really a simple program. It is relearning the basics every few months because it is not used enough that drives me crazy. It still is more user friendly than my Bernina program. Before she left, I had a nice surprise visit from my niece, Samantha and her son Dillon. Before she left, my friend Opal came by to pick up some plants I was giving her. I so enjoyed my friends and nieces visit with her little boy all of 6 ft. tall. Funny how those boys just sprout up and make handsome young men. I am working on the hand part of the binding on what I call"that big ass quilt". I sure do hope I can think of another name before I make the label. Bella impedes my productivity by biting and jerking the quilt because she wants my attention...and it is so hot for me to hold in my lap. Jason and his family came last night and visited awhile and Emily stayed the night. We did online puzzles and mainly just loved on each other. Austin got his braces off and oh my gosh, he has the prettiest smile in Ocoee..looks just like Jason when he got his braces off. Skinny, cute, and funny. Get ready girls. Flylady I love you. I wiped my cabinets down last night while my chicken baked. Bill actually washed a stone, dried it and put it away. My sink is clean and I am letting my light shine by doing small clean ups 15 minutes a whack. I figure the house might be cleaned and decluttered by Easter. I have stuck with my morning and night routines for 13 days and nights. Whoopee!!! I did one other fun thing..I walked Bella last night and went right up to the door of the lady that has a unique white plumera growing up to her roof and ask her for some cuttings. So I will have a new type plumeria very soon. Minimal itching for the last two days, life is good...until we met again.

No comments:

Post a Comment