Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Flylady newbie

Sunday, August 4, 2013 Flylady newbie It is hard to believe that it has been 6-7 months since I have blogged. It certainly is not because I did not have anything thing to say because that would never happen. I need to whine about this itchy rash I have been experiencing...just a little whine. It has been a big problem and I ended up getting two steroid shots this week. I have had major fatigue since June...life with fibromyalgia. Well, between two Dr. visits and 2 steroid shots and pills and creams, something happened to me on Friday. All that steroid hit me right between the eyes. I have been on speed since about 4 on Friday afternoon. I had earlier been reading The Quilting Board and one of the members mentioned Flylady. I started reading about cleaning my sink and whammo those steroids made me jump up and clean all three of my kitchen sinks using her instructions. You would think after 43 years of marriage I would know how to clean my sink. I am not really sure in all these years I really got the concept of enjoying a shiny sink. I followed her instructions to a T. I have a shiny sink and so far it is still shiny. I then cleared off much of the clutter on my counters. Really this does not sound like a great accomplishment but that would have been a lot for me prior to STEROIDS! They make you crazy, your eyes flash like a deer in the headlights, your hands shake and your mind says GOGOGOGO and I have been told it makes you talk really fast! Actually, I am pretty much thinking I might not be right after those injections wear off... gettin this picture??I might need one of those steroid injections about once a week . I have been working 15minutes at a shot and then I need to rest for awhile for the last 3 days. She advises only do 15 minutes at a time. It felt so good to get things accomplished...whoohoo. Bill is kind of scared right now. I told him if he messed up my sink, he must immediately clean his dishes and put them up...mainly because that old drainer just stayed full all the time...clutter ...clutter...clutter. So I did the recommendation of flylady, get rid of the drainer. Sink is empty and I am happier tonight. I am going to start her plan for the week tomorrow morning. Wonder how long I can follow the plan. We shall see. I also cleared off our "go to" spot (dining room table) that we tend to pile things on as we come through the door. My house is dirty but does not look too bad with a clean table and kitchen area. Wish me luck so I can grow up to be like Flylady. If you are interested in her thoughts, check out www.flylady.net. The best thought on there is not so much cleaning but be good to yourself. I am blogging to make me more responsible for sticking with this fun little plan. It also says I have to be nice to me and that means not staying up all night. So I am going to dry my sink one more time, put the cookies away that I baked, start the dishwasher, brush my teeth and go to bed. I have been waking up at about 4:30 and laying there until around 7. Updates soon on if I did Mondays duties which includes getting dressed when I get up...until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment