Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blocks, blocks, blocks

Yesterday, I went on the correct day and got the long overdue mammogram...oh YEAH!!  Boy was that fun. NOT!!  Today, I had a dental appt. for teeth cleaning.  Tomorrow I go to the Dr. for a checkup on my shoulder surgery.  It is doing fine and I am sure I will get an A+ for moving the arm.   I hate it when I have some kind of commitment day after day.  It seems I don't get anything done when the week is full of Dr. appts.  I look the picture of health and for the most part I am...it is just all these little irritations that take it right out of me.  I just want to stay home and get some things accomplished.

I did get a chance to sew blocks yesterday.  I made 3 wonky blocks and two paper pieced spider web blocks.  I also started loading a backing on my longarm.  I want to get the table toppers quilted that I pieced in the mountains quilted.  Then I can get the borders on and those babies can go in the finished pile.  Yesterday afternoon, I got the backing fabric pinned on the machine leaders and it just was not right.  I decided to re-watch one of the loading videos so I could figure out what I had done wrong.  I got online and just decided I was past the point of making sense with anything so I read my e-mail and watched the boob tube.  

This afternoon, after the dentist, it was so rainy and dreary that I crawled into the chair and got a quilt and dosed.  Later, I watched the longarm loading video and then pinned the backing.  Now I have to figure out what I want to quilt on the table toppers.  I really like them and I don't want to mess the quilting up.  It has been 5 months or more since I have touched that big girl, Lizzie Girl.  I decided I would wait until I was a bit fresher like in the morning after my Dr. appt.

I dug out some runners I had pieced for the NC house also.  Two are completed and I am not sure what I was going to do with the third smaller one because it does not look like I was finished with it.  Pictures attached.  I would love to get them both sets of table toppers quilted tomorrow and the binding sewed on so I could start the hand work.
Once thteal ones are finished, I will get the 3 above finished.  The above are scraps from a quilt top that I made a year or so ago.  I have at least 8 quilt tops or more to get quilted.  I need to get some practice time on the long arm before I try to quilt a real top that I have spent a lot of time piecing.  Once I started playing on it last year, I relaxed and things went OK, so I just have to get to that point again.  Hopefully, it won't take me long to get back up to speed.  Oh well, that is it for today...til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment