Friday, February 18, 2011

Home and Garden



Yesterday, I  planted seeds and bulbs to take up north when we go..My red amarylla bulb bloomed a few days ago and the first grouping of white bells have faded but I have a new bloom opening up maybe this weekend.  Below is a picture of the red bells.  There is another bud coming out on the red one also.  I sure have enjoyed having them inside where I could enjoy them.  The blooms are so pretty, they look artificial.    I must have had the camera on video since it came out as a video.




I went to the home and garden show today with my friend Jean, her daughter and granddaughter.  If it were not for the free chocolate  (in bowls at the booths) and good friends, it would have been a big waste.  It had very little plants or gardening items mostly siding, hot water heaters, water companies, etc.  I did buy some new jewelry cleaner...sure was glad those tickets were free because I would have hated to pay for the tickets for what I got out of the show.  Oh well, I probably won't go again even with free tickets.

I did do a few blocks tonight and slapped them up on the design wall.  I think I have about 35 blocks.  I will have to count them again.  I have decided to just sew them together and take what it makes.  I won't make the quilt real big because it will be heavy with all the thread sewing those little pieces together.  I bet most people don't realize how heavy thread can be.  Me neither, but when it is sewed in a quilt, layered and quilted (more thread), some of them are very heavy.  The blocks not in rows yet, just flopped up so you can see them.  Pictures below are the blocks from the last few days


Some I like and some I look at and whack again and add a different fabric.  The middle one on the left needs to be flipped up or down because it looks a little weird with the triangle going sideways. One day next week, I am supposed to start the polka dot quilt so I will have to cut more fabric this weekend.  It should be interesting and I will post the results when we start.  I like having more than one project in progress...obviously, I like having lots of projects started.  The scrappy blocks and spiderweb blocks have filled a void since the shoulder surgery.  It has allowed me to sew and not have to cut.  I still cannot hold the ruler tight enough to cut accurately but it really does not matter with the scrappy projects.

I had Cooper last Sunday night and he was talking to me and I ask him a question that he had to think about the answer.  I was holding the camera and I just had to take a picture of his thinking face.  He has been doing this face when he thinks since he was quite a little fellow.


Emily did get married on Thursday but she doesn't think her husband is cute because he has a mohawk.  She told me she could not stay the night at his house because her mother would not let her and she had to stay home at her mother's house anyway.  It seems all my grandchildren are funny kids.  I do so enjoy their happy little faces and the great things they say.  Until we meet again.......






 

No comments:

Post a Comment