Sunday, February 6, 2011

New pictures organizing finished...finally

I have finally finished my organizing of my fabrics, scraps and sewing room.  I have all the fabrics color coded and in the cabinets.  I finished the fat quarter organizing by color today.  The only thing I have left to do is to stack the batik fat quarters into the drawer.  I have to shift some projects out to make room for them.  Amazing, all the fat quarters fit in the plastic drawer stands I currently have under my longarm.  I have no extra room so I guess I cannot buy anymore.  pooh! 

I sewed some of my "play" blocks and a couple of spiderweb blocks before I quit.  I also managed to cut 100 6.5" blocks.  I am thinking about doing a scrappy pinwheel quilt.  Small pieces are about all I can cut close to accurate.  I don't seem to be able to hold the ruler steady with my arm.  My shoulder is a little sore tonight so I know I cut to the max.  That smarted on my shoulder and arm but I am sure I will get over it. 

Tonight, I was watching the Super bowl at half time and I just had to call my friend Jean.  I thought the halftime show was awful except for those people in lights.  (Guess I am getting old because Pea just could not sing.)  My friend Jean and I have always talked about getting overalls and adding colored lights run by batteries and standing down at Hwy 50 near the 7-11 store on Christmas Eve waving at the cars going by.  I had to call her and remind her about that plan.  We laughed and decided this might be the year we do it. 

She mentioned brownies and as hard as it was, I pulled my self away from that most exciting Super Game (NOT) and told her I would be right down.  I shuffled into my walking shoes to Bill's distress and decided I was going to trot on down and get a brownie.  I wanted to walk since it is only 3 blocks.  Bill ran and got his pistol for me to put in my pocket.  Now who in their right mind would try to get a woman on her way to brownies.  He would have to be a total idiot.  Well, out the door I went...pistol packing and on my way for that chocolate fix.  That brownie was so gooooooood.  She had put a cream cheese mixture in the center. yum...yum.  She wanted to send one home for Bill...I took it, but he doesn't eat sweets.
Here are some pictures of all the 6.5" blocks I have made and a picture of an amarylla that I bought up in NC.  It has bloomed and it is really beautiful.  I also bought a bulb that is supposed to be peach.  It is almost blooming.  The perfection of the white blooms almost takes your breath away.  I cannot wait for the peach one to bloom.  Yes, I do have too much fabric so you don't have to tell me.  Till we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment