Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Finally 15 minutes to play

Today, I went to my sit and sew group.  They truly are a wonderful caring bunch of ladies.  I did some frogging and mainly just visited which means I was not very productive.  However, sometimes we just feel like sitting and visiting among people we love and we don't necessarily have to be doing anything.  It is very hard for me to sit without doing something with my hands and I rarely do just sit.  But today, somehow it seemed right.  I finished my ripping, and just sat and flipped through some new quilt books that were floating around.  I missed the Orlando quilt show and one of the ladies had a slideshow of  the quilts.  They were beautiful and she had entered several gorgeous quilts in the show.  She had one of the quilts appraised at the show and it was appraised a little over $3000.00.  Not too shabby!  The visit was good and I needed mental time today.

I started my 15 minutes of play again tonight.  I did two more smaller blocks.  I am using scraps from a different tub.  I have been separating my scraps here in Fl into larger and smaller fabrics.  The larger, I plan on cutting more blocks to use in another scrappy quilt.  The smaller ones I will continue to use in the Spiderweb quilt or the 15 minutes of play blocks.  I truly have the "scrappy" quilt bug.  I love the hodgepodge of all different fabrics.  It is so much fun to just grab a piece and sew it on.  I think I must like it because my life is mostly "scrappy"...in other words, I just flow through life on bits and pieces of a lot of different things.  Like the fabrics, some pieces are beautiful and some are almost ugly...however, when you put them all together, it makes a very interesting block.  I  enjoy the unknown for the most part...sometimes it is not so good like when someone dies, is sick or sad or hurting.  The bright happy fabrics are the hugs, healing and the things that bring joy to our life.

I am making progress on the room.  I still have miscellaneous stuff to organize and put up but the pile around the dining table is getting smaller.  I hope to get a lot more put away tomorrow morning if I can get this lazy girl out of the bed.  Bill hung the two new cabinets in the Lizzie girl's (longarm) room which I plan on putting things that I have purchased to embroidery...but have not got around tuit yet.  I had my embroidery machine serviced while I was gone so I can start embroidery projects again.  Here are two more blocks:


See those tiny little strips of red.  I don't seem to have many scraps in red.  I think that calls for a red quilt.  I love doing these little blocks...and I am going to go back to 15 minutes play every day and one day, I will have a quilt with a very unusual look and it will be made with scraps that many quilters just toss so I have to think it will be free. hehehe!  Til we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment