Sunday, January 30, 2011

Woe is me!!!

I have sewn several more 15 minutes to play blocks but no pictures for you yet.  When I finally set up my longarm, I had to move all my fabrics and lots of other things to get enough room for "Lizziegirl".  It got time for us to go to NC and I just shoved everything in and took off free as a bird.  I had the shoulder surgery a few days after we got home and actually never got my sewing rooms totally organized.  I started the reorganizing my sewing room yesterday.  Oh my, I stumbled around in there all afternoon, fell on my bum...OUCH!!! Those tile floors are pretty hard and I am sore today.  I finally figured out the best way for me to get things back in order is to move everything out that is not in its correct place.  Thanks Stacy for dropping by at the right time to help me drag everything out.

Bill and Jason moved my new cutting cabinet into the room.  Whoohoooo!  I had been waiting a long time (close to a year) for Bill to fix the drawer.  I had found a cabinet top that was perfect at a thrift store.  So now I have a great cutting surface and a space on the end for pressing.  Anyway, back to the tornado that hit the room...I have refolded my Christmas stash and got them into the two little half cabinets that I had picked up for $5. at a yard sale about a year ago.  They held all my Christmas fabrics and I still had room to store all the panels I have in my stash.  I quit to fix dinner and to rest the shoulder.  I am so happy I did not hurt it worse when I tumbled onto the tile floor.

I have convinced Bill to mount two more single cabinets that had been sitting in the shed for over a year.  He got them into the kitchen and so far, that is as far as he got.  Hope I don't have to wait another year.  I want to put all the towels, kids blankets, diapers and other things that I have to embroidery.  It will eliminate a couple of tubs under my longarm.

My goal is to just get the sewing room organized this week, but I have a busy week so far.  On Monday, I have a Dr. appt and a funeral in the afternoon.  My friend Hobbie's husband passed away after a long illness.  My sit and sew is on Tuesday and Pine Castle Guild is on Thursday and we are having a workshop after guild to learn a folding flower technique.  That leaves Wed and Friday to get this mess cleaned up and I have not checked to see if I have any other distractions that will keep me from getting everything folded and put back.  Fat Chance..

Oh well, decided I should blog a little before I continue my organization.  Til we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment