Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chloe's quilt

Last week, in digging around through my scrap boxes, I found about 9 little half square triangles from another project.  I decided to make Chloe a quilt...Are you familiar with Chloe?  She is a very special doll for little girls around 3-5.  She is a new type of doll. She is not a baby to play "house" nor  is she a fashion doll to play like "young women".    Chloe is meant to become a little girl's friend and alter ego!  My sweet, precious and dear granddaughter (here after referred to as DGD) absolutely loves Chloe.  When they arrived tonight, I asked her if Chloe was cold on the trip.  She told me she was really cold.  I took her over to the little quilt that I had laid out waiting for her to arrive.   Her little face just lit up so sweetly with a  look of surprise.  She asked "is this really a quilt for Chloe?".  I nodded my head and I got rewarded with a wonderful grin and hug. 

As the car was being unloaded, she grabbed her Mom's hand and pulled her over to the quilt and said "this is Chloe's new quilt".  She immediately started shuffling through the pile of luggage, coats and toys looking for Chloe.  The little quilt was a perfect fit.  I did not know she had gotten a canopy bed for Chloe for Christmas so all this worked out well.  Sometimes it is fun to just make a little something that does not take any thought or much time.  I had started this very late one evening and really did not even have matching thread...DGD did not care.  Her eyes looked right through the imperfections.  I just used some of the decorative stitches for the quilting.  I sat down this afternoon and hand stitched the binding on so it would be finished when she arrived.  It made me happy just looking at her covering Chloe.  My DGD was happy and that really is what counts.  At 5, she already has started building her own stash...If she is with me or her Mom in a quilt store, you can bet it is going to cost you a fat qtr or two before you can leave the store.  She still sleeps with the quilt at in the intro section of this blog.  She likes to "sew".  She always wants her machine out so she can sew when we sew.  I think we have a young quilter blooming. 

I will probably be quiet until the first of the week when things get back to normal.  Until we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment