Monday, January 10, 2011

"play" project

I finished my last table topper tonight.  I will post a picture of all three.  2 are flying geese patterns and the coffee table topper is half square triangles made into a sort of chevron pattern.  I was glad I completed that goal for January.

I also did my "play block" for today.  So now I have two.  I am going to try to make one everyday and by the end of Feb, I should have enough for a quilt.  The first one was so random with my scraps that it was what I would term uggggggllllllllllllllyyyyyy.  The second one did not make me want to lose my dinner so I guess that was good.

At the point someone starts reading this, I want to share something each day that I have something worth sharing.  In the last couple of years, I have been trying to learn to free motion quilt.  I originally found it as easy as nailing jello to a tree.  One of the sights I stumbled across was freemotionquilting.blogspot.com.  

Leah Day is the blog owner.  She is one of the most talented young ladies I have run across.  If you are struggling with free motion quilting on your domestic sewing machine, check out her blog.  She has tutorials on how to do close to 200 filler designs.  I sent her my a picture of my pumpkin free motion quilting and a few days later she acutally did pumpkins.  I kind of felt special that I had shown her something.  Actually, I have been practicing some of her patterns on my longarm.

Any body notice how the text color changed...strange isn't it...don't know how to change it back to black.  Guess, since my table toppers have a teal color in them, I have magically gone teal.  I will post the table toppers tomorrow.  It is kind of nice to recap some of my accomplishments daily.  Unfortunately, I have days where I don't feel like I accomplish anything.  I can putz away the day in a heartbeat.  Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment