Wednesday, January 12, 2011

table toppers & 15 minute play blocks

Today was an interesting day.  I finished my 4th "15min play" block.  They were fun to do and Oh my I am using that big tub of unorganized scraps.  I think I am going to make a true crazy quilt out of them.  I have been saving "things" for abut 2 years now.  I have beads, shiny things I have found on the ground, pieces of lace and ribbon, and anything else that I could attach with thread.  I think I will call it "15 minutes of crazy play". 



The top right was the first on....the uuuugggllly one.  The other ones are not that pretty either...but I kind of like the top left one.  I am just grabbing whatever my hand touches in the tub.  As long as it is not already in the block, I used it.  It was actually quite fun and I have lots of scraps.  I spent almost 2 weeks last year cutting them into strips of all sizes and blocks of all sizes.  In other words organized scraps like the recommendation of Bonnie Hunt's scrap system on Quitville.com.  At least that is where I think I got it.  I also have a tub of uncut and a couple of shoeboxes full of scraps.  I think I love scraps.  I am also working on a spider-web paper pieced quilt.  It is on the back shelf at the moment.  I will get back to it when the mood strikes.

Next, the pictures of the table toppers.   I just created something simple for the couch tables and coffee tables in the living room.  Hope to get them quilted when my shoulder gets a little better.  There is a fold in the chevron looking topper.  I had it folded and just unfolded to snap the picture.  The pictures are below.




We shall see what projects tomorrow brings.  It is fun to just sit and see what your mind comes up with ...who knows what tomorrow will bring....until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment