Monday, January 17, 2011

Apron finished

The silly apron is finally finished.  Before I show you the picture, remember this was just play.  I did finish all the seams where I cut the terry towel.  Also, I hate aprons that have no adjustment in the neck strap.  I just kept adding chuncks of fabric until I figured out how to get that strap going from the waist to the neck and back to the waist to tie.  This way, it can be adjusted high or low and is more comfortable.  I used bias binding for the strap and just folded it over.  I had used a piece of a curtain from the thrift store for the other fabric on the quilt.  I just did not have anything in my stash that looked like it would go with the flip flops.  Anyway,  I learned a lot and it certainly is not perfect..actually far from it.  However, I will either wear it or give it to a my friend Jean.  She likes Key West and cruises and when I bought the towel, I was thinking of her.  If she reads this, she will know it is coming.

I wish I had had more of the fabric for the casing pieces the straps run through.  I could not cut them the  pieces on the bias so they did not want to curve.  I just gathered them a little to make them more curvable.  I might make another apron...something different and a little simpler.  Here she is:


I did have time to play tonight and these are the two blocks...OK, I'm busted.  Yes, some of these are scraps from the apron.  I have really enjoyed making these weird little blocks.  I went to a guild meeting today and then to the quilt store...just too look, but I did find a few yards on sale.  Then off to Wallyworld to pick up milk and some cleaning supplies and then home to do my 15 minutes of play blocks.  These are really fun to do and a monkey with no brain could most likely do them.  I could really be sewing bigger stuff if I could get Bill to cut my fabrics.  He is like a piece of concrete...doesn't budge when it comes to cutting.  He is afraid he will have to be doing all my cutting even when my shoulder and arm heals...Oh well, I can dream.  Here are the next two crazy blocks.  Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment