Friday, January 14, 2011

camera does not work when battery dead

Just finished dinner with our friend George.  I made vegetable beef soup with cornbread and lemon pie.  Soup was good...cornbread was a bit different and pie was OK.  I got the kitchen cleaned up and ran upstairs to take a picture of my 2 additional 15 minute play blocks and the spider web blocks I made today.  Guess what?  My camera battery is dead...duh!  Amazing how those little babies won't work with dead batteries...kind of like my portable phones.

I was engrossed in sewing the blocks and I heard a buzzing sound.  When I came down stairs, Bill had been up by the road and had hired this guy to cut one of our trees off.  It was really tall and splitting down the middle...uh ohhh!  I had not noticed it but somehow this guy did convinced Bill the tree would be coming down on the house....no new fabric for me...$150 in tree trimming. 

This "15 minute play thing is getting addicteve.  I now have about 8 blocks.  I am starching them at the point they get larger than 6.5 inches.  Don't know what I am going to do with them but I am sure I will figure out something.  I decided my little pieces of "crazy" would be 6.5"...seemed like a nice size.  Some have been larger and as I trim the pieces, I just slap them on the next block.  I have the camera battery charging now so I can take pictures tomorrow.

It is amazing how I can walk into my sewing room and if I turn the machine on, it takes about 15 minutes for the room to look like a tornado struck.  I am an amazing person that I can destroy a perfectly neat and clean room in such a short time.  I think I learned it from my kids and grandkids.  Anyway, I do excel at making messes.  I have strings all over me and look like I am in need of a good plucking.

Hanging out with my friend Pam tomorrow.  We are meeting at the quilt store so I know that is going to be major trouble.  We are meeting the guys for lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant.  I guess we will hit the thrift stores and see if there are any treasures on the shelves calling our names.  I don't think I will get much sewing done tomorrow.  Until we meet again....

1 comment:

  1. "I think I learned it from my kids and grandkids."... Can't really say I know what you are talking about here considering we had learn the act of mess making from someone..hint hint

    ReplyDelete