Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dilemma-cute movie

Today was a slow day.  This afternoon we went to a movie, Dilemma.  It was a cute movie and I saw previews of a couple of girly movies coming out in February that I want to see with my girlfriends.  Before it was time for the movie to start, we ran a few errands and went to dinner.   While we were out, I saw some really cute dish towels.  I bought them and decided I would look in my stash and make an apron.  First, I had to think about how I might make a really cute apron.  The towel has flip flops on it...Big mistake.  So here is another tip. 

     If you are making a new project that you have never made before and you don't have a pattern and you   don't know exactly what you are going to do, DON'T buy a dish towel or fabric that has a directional design. 

I have been working on it for about 3 hours, drinking water the whole time trying to get that thick headedness out of the brain.  I actually have it sewed and I am trying to figure out the ties.  It is a full (top and bottom) apron and I hate those type of aprons where the neck thingy is not adjustable.  Ok, so here is my next tip:

When you are tired and don't know what you are doing and you are clearly very likely to make a mistake cutting something...then you do like the guys...measure twice and then go to bed and sleep on it. 

You will be fresh the next morning things will look much clearer.  For once in my life, I am going to listen to that little smart voice in my head.  I am going to bed and I will look at the apron when I get home tomorrow afternoon.  I will post a picture when it is finished.  I did not do any 15 minute play blocks or spiderweb blocks...but that is the great thing, if I don't want to play, I don't have to play.  Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment