Thursday, January 13, 2011

Slow day today

Today  was kind of a slow day.  I did do my "15 minutes of play" block so that makes two more to post.  The blocks are fun, but each block just reminds me I should be working on the spider web quilt which is an unfinished project, UFO.  Maybe I will start doing a block a day for both of them.  Both are scrappy quilts but the pattern is consistent with the spider web quilt.  It is the same block and it is paper-pieced.

When I take pictures of my 15 minute blocks, I will post the spider web blocks also.  Having the goal of one block a day is good for me.  It makes me more productive because I have a goal to meet.  The quilt police doesn't come if you don't do your block, but I will know it.

Sometimes, I am not very productive in anything much less sewing.  I just fondal those little pieces of scraps and thumb through quilt magazines and ponder life.  If I don't have anything to show for my time, it makes me feel non-productive.  Now thinking is not all bad because some days I don't have enough brains to think at all...so maybe it is good afterall.  I can spend hours going through my quilting books.  I am starting to fold over the pages in the magazines for projects I would like to make.  If I lived to be 300, and sewed everyday, I don't think I could do them all.  However, life is full of hope and if we don't have hope and dreams, what do we have?  Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment