Sunday, January 9, 2011

Introduction

Hi,  my name is Sherry Creech.  I am a wife, mother of two, grandmother of 4 and friend... maybe to you.  I started this blog to share and discuss quilting, machine embroidery, longarm quilting (newbee) and basically life in general.  I won't be ranting on anything political or religious because the subjects are a might too touchy.  I have been quilting for about 5 years.  When my granddaughter was born, I bought a new Bernina 200 so I could embroidery and sew for her.  I did a few embroidery things for her and started attending guide classes for the Bernina.  There were so many quilts in the shop that I decided I could make a quilt.

I made Emily's quilt as my first quilt.  I did not have a pattern and if it had not been for a neighbor down the street, I might have never got it laid out to sew together.  He stopped by the house looking for my husband and as we stood chatting over the pieces, he started moving them around.  Between the both of us, we got it into a somewhat pleasing arrangement.  Since then, I have made probably about 20+ quilts. 

I have read so many blogs and gotten so much information and learned more than my brain can sort.  I hope this blog will become a helpful blog for others also.  I am currently working on some table toppers...no pattern although I usually do use a pattern.  I am just trying to see what the brain can come up with on it's own.  I will post them when I finish piecing them.  I have pieced two for the couch tables and I am working on the coffee table topper.  I don't know much about blogging, but sometimes it is just nice to chat with other quilters.

I am practicing flying geese on the first two runners and using a different method to make them to determine what is the easiest most accurate way.  I am going to use Eleanor Burns ruler and method next.  I will let you know which way I like best.  I have also just signed up for "15 minutes to play".  I have boxes of scraps and in this process, you just sew scraps any which way to make a block.  You do one a day and soon you will have enough blocks for a crazy quilt.  If you are interested here is the blog:

 http://www.15minutesplay.com/2010/07/got-15-minutes.html

If you have an interest in seeing some of the quilts I have made, let me know and will post them on an online album. 
I have not been sewing much in the last two months because of shoulder surgery in November.  Healing is good, just no patience with not being able to do what I want to do.  Dr. says no physical therapy until 6 months anniversary of surgery.  I move the arm everyday and have gotten real good from the elbow down.  Oh well, no more whining about the shoulder and arm.  It is a new year and I hope to stretch my brain by doing some new things this year.  I guess this answers why I started the blog.  If you read it, send me a note so I will know someone is out there.  Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment