Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Today I got up, got a shower, ironed my white blouse, got dressed and was almost walking out the door to my mammogram appointment.  The phone rang and the recording said "This is just a reminder call about your Mammogram appt for WEDNESDAY at 12:45.  Duh!!! Wouldn't I have looked stupid showing up on the wrong day.  I hate when that happens.  I was just so happy I got the call before I left and drove across town for the appointment.

I called my friend Opal to check on her foot.  She fell Saturday and hurt it pretty bad.  When I looked at it, it looked broken.  She said she was just going to call another friend to take her to the Dr.  I took her and it is broken.  She wanted me to see the xray because it is broke.  The Dr. then proceeded to stick her size 7 foot into a boot that had to be for a size 14.  I don't know how she would have walked in it.  He did not have another smaller one in stock and said he could order it.  I told her if she could make it back to the car, she could use my boot.  We came home and it fit her perfectly.  I took her home and then picked up one of our other friends and went back and watched a movie, Eat,Pray, Love, with Julie Roberts.  It was a different kind of movie...slow going at times.  The concept is good but the movie was a little slow for me.

Kids came for dinner so I only really had about 15 minutes between the reminder call and leaving for the Dr.  I sewed one spiderweb block.  I am moving along on that quilt.  I also moved the projects out of the drawer for the batiks so I can get them put up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment