Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trunk show at our guild

Today, we had a trunk show at the Pine Castle Quilter's Guild.  The lady presenting was Alice Means.  She has won numerous awards from AQS and has won awards at quilt shows.  Her quilts were spectacular and it was like eye candy looking at them and hearing the story.  She does a lot of "couching" on her quilts.  This is sewing a  string, rope, heavy thread, yarn, etc into the top of the quilt to emphasize the area.  I know, I thought couching was just laying around on the couch eating chocolate.  She gave a free class after guild on a table runner.  I had intentions of staying and sewing the runner, but I had quite the headache.  I decided not to stay because it would have probably made my head hurt worse.  I know I missed a good class and it was free!..which makes it that much worse that I did not bring my machine and stay.

I stopped at Tuesday Mornings on the way home...not to uh shop, but to try to get rid of this massive headache I have had since Tuesday.  I thought a little retail therapy might cure it for me...it did not :(.  Bill got Chili out of the freezer for dinner.  He said it has beans in it so it must be Chili.  It was not Chili and there was not a single bean in the bag.  It was spaghetti sauce...and I don't think he knew the difference until I saw him eating it and had a taste.  Doesn't speak much for my cooking.  Boy were my taste buds shocked...guess it is the difference between men and women.  We pay attention and they don't.

I sewed 4 blocks on my 15 minutes of play.  I have all the scraps separated into strips, strings and little pieces and then a second bin that is bigger scraps.  I wish I could just play all day.  I think when I finally get around to making something with the blocks, it will either be one of the prettiest quilts or flat out ugly.  We shall see.  When I get about 6 more blocks made, I will show a picture.  I bought a new ruler that has a clip on it and I am hoping that clip will hold things steady so I can cut fabrics.  Sewing these scraps has filled a void for the time after my shoulder surgery that I needed to sew.  I need to clean house tomorrow...or...NOT...til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment